Shifter provides an optional automated backup feature which creates an archive of your WordPress data each time you create a new deploy.
For example, as you generate the static version of your site Shifter will create a snapshot or backup of your WordPress data as well.
If you need to restore your WordPress site with one of those backups here's how you can do that.
Restoring a WordPress backup
- Navigate to the list of deploys. If a backup is available you will see a WordPress icon appear in the deploy.
- Download the backup clicking the WordPress icon.
- Start WordPress as normal or in safe mode if you're having an issue and you need to restore your site.
- Navigate to the All-in-One WP Migration plugin page where you can import the backup.
- Upload and import your backup to WordPress restoring your data.