Shifter Headless provides the SaaS of WordPress as Headless CMS, and suit for JAMStack or SPA (Single Page Application).
The platform, WordPress core and plugins are automatically updated. WordPress is always running, you can stop it at anytime.
Platform will be automatically updated.
WordPress core, plugins will be automatically updated.
Database migration will be done by automatically.
Theme: headless-theme which is fixed and cannot be changed.
Plugins: plugin set for Headless are installed by default.
Media CDN is ready.
WAF is ready.
1. Navigate to Shifter dashboard.
2. Click "Headless"
3. Click [Shifter Headless] under [Create a new site] button
4. Input "Site Name"
5. Choose a plan then click [Create site]
Also, we have a seven-days free trial.
6. Complete your order
7. Shifter starts to create and boot up your site.
8. Click "Go to your new site"
9. Copy the initial credentials for WordPress
10. Click WordPress admin URL
How to stop WordPress
1. Navigate to the Settings on Headless
2. Click [Stop] button
3. WordPress is stopped
You can import WordPress post/page data with WordPress Importer plugin.
Shifter Headless provides necessary plugin set by default.
Fetch and display contents
Build REST API compatible theme, or get it from GitHub: wp rest api theme.
In this document, we use WordPress REST API Sample App for sample.
1. Clone WordPress REST API Sample App repository to local
$ git clone https://github.com/smartcatdev/WordPress-REST-API-Sample-App
2. Open WordPress-REST-API-Sample-App/app/main.js with editor
3. Modify RESTURL to yours
Default value is
Then save it.
4. Access to created file
index.html with web browser and make sure contents are showing up.