Shifter Headless provides the SaaS of WordPress as Headless CMS, and suit for JAMStack or SPA (Single Page Application).
The platform, WordPress core and plugins are automatically updated. WordPress is always running, you can stop it at anytime.
- Platform will be automatically updated.
- WordPress core, plugins will be automatically updated.
- Database migration will be done by automatically.
- Fixed hostname.
- Theme: headless-theme which is fixed and cannot be changed.
- Plugins: plugin set for Headless are installed by default.
- MediaCDN is ready.
- WAF is ready.
1. Navigate to Shifter dashboard.
2. Click "Headless"
3. Click [Create new site (Headless)] or [Create new] button
4. Choose a plan then click [Create site]
Also, we have seven-days free trial.
5. Booting WordPress
7. Access WordPress dashboard with initial credentials.
How to stop WordPress
1. Navigate to Headless page
2. Click [Stop] button
3. WordPress is stopped
You can import WordPress post/page data with WordPress Importer plugin.
Shifter Headless provides necessary plugin set by default.
Fetch and display contents
Build REST API compatible theme, or get it from GitHub: wp rest api theme.
In this document, we use WordPress REST API Sample App for sample.
1. Clone WordPress REST API Sample App repository to local
2. Open WordPress-REST-API-Sample-App/app/main.js with editor
3. Modify RESTURL to yours
Default value is
Then save it.
4. Access to created file
index.html with web browser and make sure contents are showing up.