1. Make sure the target website's plan is Tier 3 on Shifter Dashboard.
2. Create an S3 bucket on your AWS account in AWS Console or AWS-CLI.
- Bucket name (required): Choose a name for your bucket, and input it here.
- Region (required): Select your region from the dropdown menu.
In this sample, Bucket name is set as REPLACE-WITH-YOUR-S3-BUCKET-NAME, Region is US East (us-east-1).
Never forget to copy both values.
For more details for creating S3 bucket, please read and follow official document: Create a Bucket
3. Set bucket name on S3 Bucket field on Shifter Dashboard
Navigate back to your Shifter dashboard, then set the value as displayed below.
- S3 Bucket: Input the bucket name you've created above
- S3 Bucket Domain: Choose the same region as you've chosen above
4. Copy S3 bucket policy
Click [Next] button, Bucket policy will be shown.
Let's copy code.
5. Update S3 Bucket Policy
Back to S3's console, paste copied policy, then click [Save] button right above the text area.
If you familiar with AWS-CLI, checkout Put bucket policy document for more details.
6. Connect Shifter to your S3 Bucket
Return to Shifter dashboard. Then, check the box that says [I've updated my bucket policy].
7. All set
8. Access logs are exported
After a bit, Shifter will export a log file to your ordered S3 Bucket.