We have lots of support documents for creating sites, including how-tos, trouble shootings or the related topics.
You can also find other documents on the top page of support documents.
- Creating a new WordPress site
The simplest step by step guide to create new WordPress sites right from the Shifter Dashboard in just a few clicks.
- Resolving deprecation notices from WordPress Themes and Plugins on Shifter
Resolving errors or warning while running your WordPress container
- Auto Publishing Artifacts on Shifter
Automatically publish new static Artifacts.
- How to disable Auto Publish Artifact
No more Automate publish.
- Creating an Artifact
Artifacts on Shifter are static versions (or builds) of your WordPress site. They are an entire copy of your site as HTML, CSS, and assets.
- Previewing Artifacts
Preview before publishing an artifact.
- Testing large number of posts generated by FakerPress plugin on Shifter.
We've tested 10000 posts generated by FakerPress plugin on Shifter.
- Failed to delete the site
- Configuring Permalinks
Shifter only supports "Pretty" WordPress Permalinks
- Multilingual WordPress site
Shifter recommends Polylang plugin for Multilingual WordPress site
- Disallowing search engine's crawler access
Block crawler to your staging or pre-production site.
- Using WP Serverless Forms WordPress Plugin with Basin
Put a contact form to your Shifter generated site.
- Integrating Algolia Search with WordPress
Shifter now can work with Algolia: high-performance search system with keyword suggestion and sorting search results.
- Moving offloaded media to ShifterCDN
Shifter MediaCDN expands the WordPress media library feature and stores media to our dedicated CDN.
- WordPress redirects on Shifter using the Redirection Plugin
Shifter supports redirects with the Redirection plugin.
- How to solve a 404 Error
No posts or no pages are set as [Homepage] on Reading Settings.
- Error messages from Generator and how to address issues
If you receive an email notification, please read messages to read reasons and how to address issues.
- Resolving deprecation notices
How to fix errors and warning while running your WordPress container
- How to access debug data using the Health Check WordPress Plugin
Troubleshoot and share information with Shifter support support
- Troubleshooting the Generator
Here are a few tips for troubleshooting generator failures.
- Emergency user
The ephemeral user to help you to login WordPress.
- Safe mode
Booting WordPress in Safe mode helps you to investigate issue.
- Unblock pop-up window
Shifter use window pop up feature to previewing an artifact before publish it. This document describes.
- Canceling artifact generating
Stop generating now.
- Error Codes (Passwordless Login Error)
Learn about common error codes and how to resolve them.
- Can I use WooCommerce with Shifter?
At this time WooCommerce is not supported by any static site generator or serverless hosting provider including Shifter.
- Can I use Gravity Forms with Shifter?
Gravity Forms is an online form plugin for WordPress created by Rocketgenius. This plugin requires PHP and sometimes AJAX to work. For that reason, it's not a good fit for Shifter.
- Does Shifter support custom .htaccess files?
Shifter does not use or support htaccess files in production.
- Does Shifter support wp-cron?
Currently, Shifter does not fully support wp-cron.
- Does Shifter support WordPress Multisite?
At this time, Shifter does not support WordPress Multisite.
- Why does my WordPress container stop running?
Shifter is a Static Site Generator and Serverless hosting service for WordPress.
- How can I find Site's IP address?
No fixed IP address are assigned to published site. Use your Shifter URL for CNAME record or your CDN Row host name for ALIAS Record.
- Migrating to Shifter
Migrating your WordPress site to Shifter
- Migrating to Shifter using the All-in-One WP Migration WordPress Plugin
A guide to migrate your entire WordPress site to Shifter in just a few clicks using the All-in-One WP Migration WordPress Plugin
- Migrating WordPress Content to Shifter with the WordPress Importer Plugin
Migrate your WordPress content on Shifter using XML and the WordPress Importer plugin.
- Setting up Custom Domains
A list of articles related to set your custom domain on Shifter (paid plan).