This simple basic authentication feature is useful in cases where you would like to share a website that is still under development with only certain outside parties.
Conditions and Restrictions
This feature is available on Tier 2 plans and above.
The simple basic authentication function is valid for the entire public static site. It cannot be used to exclusively authenticate specific pages.
Please note that this authentication does not give access to your Shifter dashboard.
Only one password will be issued automatically. This password cannot be changed.
Authentication is controlled by the Shifter CDN. There will be a delay of several minutes when starting or stopping this setting before it takes effect.
How to enable/use
1. Navigate to the [Live] section of your site on the Shifter dashboard.
2. Navigate to [Basic Auth] page under the Live menu
3. Click the toggle switch to enable BASIC Authentication.
4. Copy the issued username and password in the "Basic auth login info" section
5. Go back to [Overview], then click on the URL to access your site.
6. The site will ask for your user name and password for access.