This simple basic authentication feature is useful in cases where you would like to share a website that is still under development with only certain outside parties.
Conditions and Restrictions
- This feature is available on Tier 2 plans and above.
- The simple basic authentication function is valid for the entire public static site. It cannot be used to exclusively authenticate specific pages.
- Please note that this authentication does not give access to your Shifter dashboard.
- Only one password will be issued automatically. This password cannot be changed.
- Authentication is controlled by the Shifter CDN. There will be a delay of several minutes when starting or stopping this setting before it takes effect.
How to enable / use
1. Navigate to [Settings] section of your website on Shifter dashboard.
On the ‘Sites’ page of your Shifter dashboard, select the site where you would like to enable the basic authentication function. Then navigate to the ‘Settings’ page for that site.