Custom domain is available only for paid plan.
- Custom Domains on Shifter
How to add and assign your domain to your Shifter site.
- Assigning an ALIAS Domain
ALIAS records are used when you are trying to alias the root domain / apex zone, such as (example.com).
- How to assign your domain as an ALIAS record
An ALIAS record is a virtual record type that we created to provide CNAME-like behavior on apex domains.
- How to enable IPv6
Set CloudFront Domain Name which ends with
CNAMEfor your domain name.
Vendor DNS Guides
- Configuring ALIAS record on MuuMuu Domain
Configuration guide for MuuMuu Domain user
- Configuring ALIAS record on Route 53 of AWS
Configuration guide for Route 53 user
- Domain forwarding on GoDaddy (non-www domain to www)
GoDaddy's DNS doesn't support ALIAS record naked domain so you may need to set Domain Forwarding to www-prefix or other domains.
- Domain Validations
Pending domains and how to check their settings.
- ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Error
The difference of attaching domain and the value of CNAME on your DNS causes
- Could not assign a domain or SSL to a site
Checklist for domain attaching failure.
- Can I access the WordPress admin with custom domain?
Shifter provides just a temporary URL for WordPress every time it starts
- Auto removing verification timed out domains and certificates.
The verification timed-out domains and certificates are periodically removed to provide fast and robust service to our clients.
- How can I find Site's IP address?
No fixed IP address are assigned to deployed site, it'a dynamic. Use your Shifter URL for CNAME record or your CDN Row host name for ALIAS Record.
- Can I assign my domain (e.g. www.example.com) to Shifter?
- Can I register SSL for my domain?
- Should I pay additional costs for using SSL?
No. We provide SSL digital certificate by default, and the hosting charge contains it.
- Add CAA record to enable it for Shifter
- Swapping the primary domain name and Alternative